Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 7...a day off!

Wow!  Today was fun!  This was our first day off!  I didn't realize how tired I was!  Today, we took the subway and went shopping!  About 30 of us went on the subway so it was very crowded!  I had no idea where I was going so good thing I had a group to follow!  I've never been on the subway before so that was an awesome experience!  It was very fast!  We went shopping at small outside stores and thrift stores.  I actually didn't buy anything.  I also had some pizza for only $1!  It was good!  New York is definitely famous for their pizza!  After a long day out, some of us went to Starbucks for a cool down.  We sat by the fountain at Lincoln Center.  It was a hot day so the mist from the fountain felt nice!  I can't believe that we are starting on the second week already!  In some ways it feels like I've been here forever, but in other ways it feels like I haven't.  I got to skype with my awesome family tonight which was nice!  I miss them!  Can't wait to see what the next two weeks here brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment